The ideal omega-3 to omega-6 ratio is 1:1. Our modern diets however are high in processed oils and hydrogenated fats that come from fast food restaurants, canned and boxed foods. These increase Omega-6 concentrations and create and imbalance in the ratios. Traditional standard American diets can have ratios as high as 25:1 omega-6 to omega-3. This imbalance has potential to create an inflammatory environment playing a role in chronic conditions such as diabetes, autoimmune disease, heart disease e.t.c.
How much Fish Oils is ideal?
Recommended dietary/supplemental intake of Omega-3/day is 3,500 mg – 5,000 mg/day.
*Caution: Fish oil’s thin the blood and require caution with those taking Coumadin. Please seek appropriate medical advice.
Lemmon Pepper Fish Recipe:
4 Salmon Fillets or any other fresh/wild caught fish fillets.
2 TBS coconut butter
4 TBS Lemmon Pepper Seasoning
¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Brush the fish with melted coconut butter on each side
- Generously sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning seasoning on each side
- Sprinkle salt on each side (be careful with using too much salt, depending on the fish you use, it could already be salty)
- Turn on grill and select the fish program setting. Lightly grease the cooking plates with avocado oil. Once the grill has preheated place the fillets on the grill until medium cooked.
- I use a T-Fal in home cooking grill. This can be made baked or on a cast iron skillet. Cooking times can vary.
- Serve Fish with asparagus and kale salad
Find Your Path to Complete Wellness
Make an appointment today to get started on the ultimate treatment plan for your health.
Contact Us Today:
Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm