Did you know that genetic testing can reveal challenges your brain can have when healing from a concussion?
Whether your child is about to enter into a contact sport or you are having difficulty recovering from an automobile accident, genetic testing can reveal the support your brain needs to heal and recover.
How can your genes affect your ability to recover from head injuries?
- Cellular inflammation potential. After a head injury, your body will begin to heal the damaged cells, producing helpful inflammation during the healing process. Key to completing this healing process is stopping the inflammation after healing has completed. Genetic testing can reveal your body’s ability to resolve inflammation of the brain and show healthcare providers if that process will require nutritional or medical support.
- Autophagy consideration. A key part of your body’s ability to heal from a brain injury is its ability to clear the damaged tissues and debris from the injury site. If the debris remains, then healing will not be completed and your brain function will continue to struggle. Autophagy is the body’s way of cleaning out the debris and if it is challenged, then autophagy can be supported both as prevention and treatment.
- Glutathione production and efficacy. What is glutathione? Glutathione has been coined the “mother of all antioxidants” by Dr. Mark Hyman, MD. Over 139,000 peer reviewed scientific articles have been written regarding its essential role in healing. Your body can have difficulty producing and controlling glutathione. Genetic testing can reveal if this critical antioxidant needs to be supported for recovery from brain injuries.
- Neurotransmitter breakdown and processing. Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin, GABA all play a major role in brain function and recovery. Genetic testing can reveal difficulty your brain may have keeping these neurotransmitters in proper balance. Neurotransmitter imbalances can be supported both before and after a brain injury.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) Methylation. When you ingest Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), your body has to covert it into a usable form. Many people have a genetic variant that impairs this process. Countless healing processes cannot occur without the presence of folic acid. If your body cannot process this essential vitamin, then your brain will struggle to recover from head injuries.
Comprehensive Baseline Testing and Treatment for Brain Injuries
Both baseline and treatment of concussion/brain injuries should include genetic testing, as well as cutting-edge diagnostics and a functional neurological exam. Our clinic gives patients, parents and athletes the opportunity to manage and treat head trauma with confidence and responsibility. Call us at 214-972-0302 to schedule a consult today!
Find Your Path to Complete Wellness
Make an appointment today to get started on the ultimate treatment plan for your health.