Chiropractic Adjustment Alleviate Major Symptoms of Period Cramps
Ladies, we know it’s no fun. And we are so aware of the symptoms (thanks to television ads) – irritability, bloating, cramping, general malaise. For many period cramps are an annoyance, and for some they are completely debilitating. Regardless of your situation, it’s nice to find a remedy that answers the question how to get rid of period cramps? Even better, you can do so without having to head to the medicine cabinet.
Patients at our Dallas offices are often asking for guidance – so here are a few tips for getting rid of period cramps – the natural way.
First, make sure that you are getting regular chiropractic adjustments. Why? There are nerves in the lower back that connect to our lower digestive tract and our reproductive organs. To ensure healthy function, the nerves should be clear of any interference. If your spine is misaligned, this can create interference with the nerves, exacerbating period cramps along with a whole host of other issues.
Furthermore, chiropractic adjustment will alleviate one of the major symptoms associated with period cramps – back pain. The additional water retention can create more pressure on the lower back, so if your back is already out of alignment, you will experience increased symptoms.
Chiropractic adjustments are a great way to get relief of the lower back pain, headaches and tension often associated with having your period. Plus you will sleep better – an important part of feeling better and reducing period cramps.
In addition to seeing a chiropractor, try these tips on how to get rid of period cramps:
- Use light compression – many receive relief by using a heating pad, often accompanied by a pillow on top for additional relief.
- Drink warm beverages – the stomach will feel more relaxed and comfortable if you choose a nice herbal tea.
- Try warmth – in addition to a heating pad, try a warm shower or bath. Even a light blanket will help warm and relax your body. Add some nice aromatherapy to increase relaxation.
- Lie down – lying down will often alleviate the pressure on your lower back. Coupled with some light stretching you will find some much needed relief.
- Eat right – try to eat more foods with protein and fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc and vitamin B1. It may be tough, but try to minimize sweets and caffeine.
The important thing is to make sure you are comfortable. The good news is that you can manage cramps without over-the-counter medication if you so choose. Even more good news is that a recent study (conducted by the Journal of Manipulative Physiological Therapeutics) showed over 70 percent of women who received seven chiropractic spinal adjustments in a month noticed improvement in the PMS symptoms. Regular chiropractic adjustments will relieve many symptoms, and give you an answer the next time you wonder how to get rid of period cramps! Innovative Health & Wellness Group (located conveniently in Dallas, Texas) can also help you determine the CAUSE of your discomfort using labs and other testing to determine if you have any imbalances or toxicities.
What is an allergy?
Find Your Path to Complete Wellness
Make an appointment today to get started on the ultimate treatment plan for your health.